Tuesday, March 19, 2013

7 Months of Cole Henry

Another successful month of keeping Cole alive! Cole met the coffee table a few times this month.  He survived but gave me several heart attacks.  The beginning of a new (and dangerous) era.
 



This month has been fun, as they all have been.  Cole is loving his toes, ba-ba-ba-ing constantly.  The little man finally rolled over... hullabaloo!!! Talk about a celebration when that happened.  I felt like he was accepted to Harvard with a full scholarship.

Cole has been scooting around on his tummy, mostly backwards.  He likes to play standing (in a lean-to form, against the ottoman or not-so-soft coffee table). Sitting is more independent, but I continue to sit with him, as he has yet to learn that gravity hurts. Peek-a-boo is hilarious to him every time.  And the weather has been awesome.  Cole L-O-V-E-S the outdoors, like all little boys should. Fussy Cole? Go outside.  Or to the bath tub. I am so excited about summer in the pool!


Lots of new changes in the sleeping arena. We put up the bumper in his crib.  He somehow scoots his head up to the top corner all the time...which would wake anyone up!! After the time change, Cole started taking just 2 naps a day.  Nice, long ones! It definitely affects our schedule and activities during the day.  He can't sleep just anywhere anymore, but it is super nice to (kind of) know what to expect each day.

Cole nurses every four hours during the day and usually once at night, and is eating three square meals a day.  He lovesssss his meal time.  Really loves to hold and suck on the spoon. Still hates avacado, but seems to enjoy everything else.  Even prunes.  yuck.


No teeth yet. I don't see any on the horizon.  Me and Tom both didn't have teeth until we were 12 months old.  Wouldn't that make me the luckiest nursing mom on the planet?? haha... time will tell.......

God continues to teach me about grace, patience, gentleness, and all things fruit-of-the-Spirit in being Cole's mom.  Praying throughout the day (AND night) is the only survival skill I have.  I saw A LOT of the midnight hours this month, and have been leaning on His new mercies every morning.  Contrary to my usual thinking, I can testify that 8 hours of continual sleep are not necessary to abundant life.  The days that I have no choice but to lean on the Lord for strength and joy are usually the best days.  He is good and continues to refine through parenting. 









 Cole loves his dad!!! Love these pictures.


3 comments:

  1. I can't get enough of that big ol' smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pics! Even if I've seen most if them before :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing his little personality come out!

    ReplyDelete