Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pregnancy Must Haves

My pregnancy has been pretty smooth, compared to some stories I hear.  Not always a joy, and not always easy...but I can't complain! These are some of the things that have kept my complaining to a minimum...


The Snoogle. A dream come true.  I hated it at first.  It takes a while to get used to something that large in a bed that already has a rather large man in it.  But now, at 8 months pregnant, I am sleeping comfortable and without any complaints.





This Video.  It would be difficult not pregnant. Push-ups, crunches, lunges...all things challenging (includes Kegals...ha!).  I have used this video for almost my whole pregnancy once or twice a week and was thankful mostly to just see a 9 month pregnant super woman working out and showing me what I was actually still allowed and capable to do!



A Pool. For both lap swimming and leisurely floating. So great to cool off in the summer and to get in some exercise! I go to Gold's Gym for the exercise and several pools around San Antonio for some opportunity to work on my tan and float around.   



TUMS!!!!!!!!!! Ah! I have forever hated Tums.  Might as well eat sidewalk chalk. But heartburn/acid reflux/indigestion is far far far worse than eating Tums.  I feel fine after all meals.  It is as soon as I lay down at night to sleep that the burps of fire begin.  A-W-F-U-L.  Recently have been trying some new tricks...drinking a ton of water an hour after dinner (not great for the squished bladder, but worth it), staying vertical for at least 60 minutes after eating, and to read/attempt to fall asleep propped up.  Last night was a success.  We will see if my tricks continue to work... Oh yeah.  I had 4 Tums between dinner and bedtime.  hahaha!





 Nuts.  These specific nuts hit the spot.  They also come in little bags that are great for on the road and low blood sugar moments.  Tasty, packed with protein, and some dark chocolate.  Pricey, but worth it.

Blender.  Not everything sounds good when you are pregnant.  A smoothie ALWAYS sounds good.  I can get so much goodness in one drink! I usually throw in a Greek yogurt for some calcium and protein, a ton of random fruit, and sometimes I blend in dry oatmeal for the fiber.  I usually freeze our leftover fruit right before it goes bad, and also buy the bags of frozen mixed fruit at the grocery store.  I also love Jamba Juice, but that is a once-in-a-while treat.  :)






Fiber.  Prenatal vitamins + iron + weird bowel and intestine changes.....must have fiber.

While it looks like dog food, it tastes delicious.  Try some.




Friends.  Couldn't have made it this far without them!!! Love every minute of their stories of experience and advice, and I love having friends that will listen to my griping on feeling huge and yucky and always turn it back to the Lord.  So thankful for them.  Cole has some great aunts in his future. 










Superman. What a trooper this fellow of mine has been.  For the sake of not being mushy, I will just say that this experience has been one of the weirder ones in my life, but it has been hilarious with Tom and totally manageable.  Love that beast of a man.

2 comments: