Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Third Trimester Update

I have made it to week 36! Definitely in the home stretch here... The first update can be found here. Not a whole lot has changed. Except my size and speed. Yesterday, I told Tom I was going to lay down for a second and arose from the dead 2 hours later.  Oops.  It is hard work to grow a human!


Here are the latest updates that come to mind...

Exercise:
I have got to stretch more!!! My joints and muscles are getting so stiff.  Prenatal yoga is great, but so boring compared to regular yoga, but I just need to suck it up and remind myself that it will help me stay comfortable and minimize all the hip/back pain.

I am still walking, just slower.  It is hot outside, so I have to go early.  Which usually means a nap after.  :)

Videos... Tis' the Olympic season...so Summer Sanders and I have been spending some quality time together.  This video is great.  It has a full length (45-60 min) and express (25-30 min) workout for each trimester.  I am all about the third trimester option right now.  Moves slower, prepares you for labor (supposedly) and I feel sore the next day.

Food/Cravings:
Ice Water.  Ice Water.  Ice Water.  I can't get enough.  Cereal...Sometimes two or three bowls in one day! Fruit smoothies. Frozen Yogurt. Basically, light meals that are cold.

Sleep:
I can still sleep like a rock about 5 times a week! It takes me a while to fall asleep, either because of comfort issues or my mind is spinning a billion miles a minute, but waking up a couple times to pee doesn't bother me.  Cole is hanging out up in my rib cage, and definitely has not "dropped" yet... so peeing often may soon replace my inability to breathe. 

Braxton Hicks Contractions:
Oh yeah.  My estimate is 40-50 a day at this point.  I am trying to count today to see how accurate that is, but we are up to 17 already, and most of them happen in the afternoon and evening... Unfortunately these don't give any indication of labor on the horizon.  Maybe my uterus will just have super strength and spit Cole out in record time.

None-So-Far:
No stretchmarks, vericose veins, cankles/swelling, hemorrhoids, waddling, blood pressure issues.


My first "down under" check with my doctor is Thursday... we will see what kind of progress has been made in meeting our little mister!

No comments:

Post a Comment