Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Last Trimester, Part I

Now that I am up to date on these posts, and the fact that the third trimester is when all the crazy happens, I will start this post and then add to it as things change... We are in the home stretch!


Growing Belly:
So far, I feel like my growing belly has stalled out temporarily...I am very aware that this will change soon!! But from even the 28 week picture until now, I don't see or feel much change.  But Tom did tell me the other day that I "grew out" of one of my maternity tops!! HA! The stripes were a little toooo stretched out... Thankful for my honest husband.


The Fun Stuff:
The last month has been busy.  We went to Austin to hang out with Jean and Travis for Memorial Day, I had my third shower in Plano, we went to Houston to see Morgan and a friend, go to Katherine's wedding and spend the night with Jean and Travis! Busy! This weekend we have our 8 hour birthing class at the hospital.  Tom is overjoyed.  haha!!

Memorial Day Fun

Pretty Bride Katherine

The Pregnancy Side Effects:
 (I am sure I will need to update these as we get closer. Eight weeks left for things to get crazy!)


Stretch Marks - nope. I think (and hope) my great genes will pull through for me! My mom and sister are stretch mark free, so I have some hope in this elastic skin.

Blood Pressure - It has been around 60/110 or 70/110 the whole pregnancy.  Which I think is healthy.  This could definitely change toward the end as well.

Weight Gain - I have gained weight.  hahaha!  No avoiding that. I have gained 25 pounds, and am hoping to stay under 35 pounds.  I gained the most rapidly the first trimester, and very little the second trimester. So far, a pound a week is the pattern for this trimester.

Swelling - Not yet! Cross your fingers for me!!!! I can still wear my wedding ring, and my toes still have their long, gangly look.  I am fairly confident this will change soon.  Really soon.

Sleeping - With summer coinciding with my third trimester, the pressure to get a good night of sleep is off.  I can always sleep in a little or nap if needed.  Which, in my opinion,  is super! I usually wake up once to pee, and then have no trouble falling back asleep.  Dreams have been rather vivid, but nothing scary or weird.

Back Pain - I had have had tight joints and back pain occasionally throughout the pregnancy.  The back/hip pain usually bothers me at night, and is typically after working out later in the day or doing lunges! I have tried to stretch more and do more prenatal yoga to help in this arena.

Leg Cramps - I have had one charlie horse the whole pregnancy.  That was terrible, and I hope to not experience that again!

Gestational Diabetes - Nope... I passed the orange soda test.  That was a yucky feeling.  My blood work showed that my iron was low, so now I take an additional mega vitamin, which I think gives me a little more energy.

Veins - No varicose veins.  I have had spider veins since high school, so those might look a little darker, but nothing worth complaining about.

Heartburn - Ugh! Yes! Just at night, and Tums do the trick.  If I eat light, I have no issues. Last week, HEB had a meal deal and we got some free chili cheese fritos...the flames of fire that shot through my esophagus were unreal.  Fritos, I will see you again soon, I promise!

Belly Button - Well........it definitely looks different.  Its not sticking out, but you can see it through my clothes.  And when Mister Cole is rolling around in that area, it is really funny to watch my belly button stick out and go back in.  SO WEIRD.. my own personal turkey timer.


No comments:

Post a Comment