Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Second Trimester

Wow...where to begin?! The 2nd trimester had so many huge and exciting events... I felt great, my belly officially "popped", we had lots of fun stuff going on, registering and showers began, we named our baby...I loved weeks 14 - 28!


The Physical Changes:

There is definitely an energy that reappears the 2nd trimester.  The nausea for me did continue, but only for maybe 15-45 minutes a few random mornings.  You will be able to tell the huge growth spurts our baby had in the pictures of my belly.  I think when baby and belly are rapidly growing, it is super tough on your body! This trimester was clearly the change from, maybe gaining weight to definitely pregnant! It was definitely weird while it is happening to your body, but fun to look back at the pictures.

My contacts continued to be an issue, maybe until week 22.  I toughed it out and just carried drops with me everywhere I went.  I would rather see out of cloudy contacts then wear my glasses.  So vain!

Exercising was great in this trimester.  It was SPRING, which made it so easy to get outside and go for a walk.  I also swam at the gym, did prenatal yoga, and weights/toning videos.

Sleeping was off and on.  I had to officially stop sleeping on my back, which was so hard to adjust too.  I am so particular with my sleeping positions! My friend let me borrow her snoogle, which was mostly obstructive annoying until a few weeks ago (30 weeks now). My hips would cramp up and I had a few rather vivid dreams.  All typical, just odd to experience yourself.  Peeing in the middle of the night was no issue.  I think I have a warrior bladder from being a teacher.




Gender Reveal!

At our 20 week appointment, we got to meet our SON, Cole Henry Heinemann!!!!! He made his gender known very clearly, and we were so so so pumped to start calling our baby by name! We knew that we wanted the middle name to be Henry, after Tom's grandfather.  He was such a great man, and we will be so honored if our son takes after him.  After that, the hunt was on for a short name that sounded great with Henry and Heinemann! (Not an easy task!!!) Aunt Jean came to the rescue with Cole Henry.  We both loved it! What is the meaning? We don't know.  We just love the name! Thanks Jean :)

It's a Boy! Cole Henry Heinemann
Registering and Baby Showers:

Now that we knew Cole was on his way and my showers were quickly approaching, my procrastination to do research and register had to end.  Luckily I have the best friends and family in the world, and they compiled their "can't live without" lists for me.  SO THANKFUL! This was such a lifesaver, so I must pass them on to my future mom friends
.
 Registry List #1                   Registry List #2

Passing the Time:
The second trimester had TONS of fun stuff going on! We went skiing in Colorado with Tom's family, Jean and Travis came to visit in San Antonio, for Easter we went to Austin to see my parents and my sister's family, Morgan came to town, then Tom's parents, girls weekend in New Braunfels with Rach and Emily, Grant's first birthday, my first baby shower with my girlfriends in San Antonio, and then my second baby shower/breakfast with my coworkers, and then school was out for summer! Crazy busy.  Crazy fun. 



1 comment: