Monday, February 25, 2013

Road Trip to Dallas



Cole and I made our first long car journey together this past week.  We drove from San Antonio to north Dallas...by ourselves...with Tom's truck! What a task! It took us about 7 hours after all the stops. Cole had a fever from his shots the previous day.  It was rainy and gross outside. We did it.  It was somewhat fun, but I really missed Tom and was super glad to arrive in Plano. 

First we stopped in south Austin between Cole's naps to play around at my Aunts' house. Cole loved the goldfish, but wasn't crazy about the hammock.  Maybe next time. 
     
Our next stop was in Temple for lunch.  I was planning to go through the drive thru but Cole was getting antsy and I wanted to wear him out a little more! He sat in the high chair for the first time! And loved the place mat.
I also got Starbucks in Hillsboro, and then we stopped south of Dallas to change a stinky diaper.  What a journey!!!!!!!! We made it eventually.

We went to Plano to introduce Cole to Tom's grandparents, Mammaw and Pappaw.  They had a great time! Cole gave them plenty of great smiles.  We also had lots of time to play with Cole's cousin Grant.  They are so precious to watch together.  Grant only got jealous for his mama a couple times :) 
Two little turtles


I went too.  G-Pegs isn't THAT awesome...

Grant plays on iPad and lets his mom feed Cole
 

Cole admires Ikea

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, Grant looks so grown up in these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like y'all had a great time! I love the one where Grant is holding Cole's hand! I want pictures of mama too :)

    ReplyDelete